Saturday, January 14, 2012

Lost Canyon Light

This is a scene I have gone back to again and again, trying and capture it.  Yesterday morning was about 10ºF when I started and today was just a little better, at 20ºF.  I came up with a plan to park my car in such a way that I could sit, partially inside, with easel just outside the door.  Although my hands and knees took the brunt of it, I did fairly well cold wise.   Not the same for the rest of it.  Oil paint tends to get thicker when it's that cold and so did my medium.  It was a challenge, but just being there watching the morning light coming through the canyon illuminating this area was worth it in the end.

2 comments:

  1. Great light and shadow, Susan. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Don! Thanks, I have always admired your work. There is something about this area that makes me want to try and capture it in a painting.

    ReplyDelete