Saturday, November 17, 2012

Old Pump House Door

While I was home I took a drive with my mom to visit some of the old places that my grand parents and great grand parents had lived.  Many of the old houses were long gone and newer houses were taking their place.  One that is still standing is now a bed and breakfast, lovingly restored by the owners.  Over the years they have added out buildings but, luckily, many of the old out buildings still remain.  This is one view of the pump house with its door latching being replaced a few times.  The door knob is gone, an old hasp has been pulled out and re-nailed, and the final, concrete block in front of the door to secure it.  I didn't get it completely finished because I ran out of time and had to leave it to dry, but I got most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment