Monday, February 17, 2014

Light on the Hay

     I saw this scene a couple of mornings ago and couldn't wait to get back to paint it.  Yesterday was a very grey day that wouldn't have worked so I had to wait till today.  I got there early and started painting.  I forgot to put on my coat because I thought it wasn't that cold out.  I was so engrossed in painting I didn't realize with the light wind, being in the shade and no coat...I was freezing!  Luckily I was close to finished when I discovered this so I just threw everything in the back of my trusty paint-mobile and headed home.

    This is a lovely, rustic old barn in the area that I have painted before.  Boards with no battens, gaping holes and also missing boards make for the beautiful light that falling across the hay and that was exactly what attracted me to this scene.  When I was growing up I loved to just sit and enjoy a barn such as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment