Wednesday, October 9, 2019

The Warm Up


     This is a scene that presented itself while I was painting under a bridge near Driggs Idaho.  There was a huge hatch of flies, which the swallows, fish and such were feasting upon.  I guess that the swallows time their hatching of chicks to the hatching of flies.  It was really a magical experience.  These little baby swallows would leave the nest and plunk into the river below.  At first, I was worried for them, then realized they float and can kind of "breast stroke" to shore where the parents find them.  This one happened to be sitting right in front of my palette as I painted a bridge scene.  Needless to say I stopped and painted this little guy while he fluffed and warmed himself up after the cold water.  I call this one  "The Warm Up".

No comments:

Post a Comment